How far along: 8 weeks
Maternity Clothes: Nope, not yet. I'm kind of glad that summer is pretty much here because it means maxi dresses and other loose-fitting clothing and maybe getting to wait on buying maternity clothing.
Movement: Not yet. I'm still anxious for the time I can feel this little one kicking and punching!
Food cravings: It depends on what people mention to me. Last night, after hearing about someone eating pancakes, I had pancakes and bacon. I'm still craving caesar salad and ate one the past two days.
Food aversions: The smell of parmesan cheese is grossing me out, particularly when on garlic bread. Smelling Spyro making that the other day was enough to make me run to the other room on the verge of throwing up.
Gender: Still have another 10 weeks or so until we find out. I still have the feeling we're having a boy, but that almost psychs me out and makes me think girl.
Symptoms: Still had a little bit of cramping this week again, enormous veins in my chest, and fatigue. Also, constipation. Sorry, but true. The salads are helping.
What do I miss: The time when I didn't have so much fear about doing something wrong and hurting the baby. I almost feel like I live in constant fear of being a good incubator. It's honestly one of the terrible side effects of trying so hard and for so long to have a baby.
Best moment this week: Knowing that the little gummy bear is measuring right on track and was just fine as of our ultrasound the other day. I have now been able to get a full night's sleep and don't feel as worried about my lack of nausea--just very thankful!
What I am looking forward to: Telling my family on Thursday! Also seeing our little one on ultrasound again next week. Assuming a good ultrasound next Friday, I will be released to an OB.
Milestones: Our little gummy bear is starting to move this week!
It's so trite, but true- you never stop worry about the pregnancy until birth, and then you start worrying about a whole host of other things.
ReplyDelete