Saturday, May 5, 2012

6 Weeks


How far along: 6 weeks

How big is baby: the size of a sweet pea





Maternity Clothes: Nope, none for a while, I hope! Although this bloat is ridiculous.

Movement: Not for a while.

Food cravings: All my random cravings from last week have essentially disappeared. Except the one for caesar salad. I still want that all the time. And I can't get enough meat. I had to go have a "real" hamburger the other day and will be making lasagna tonight. 

Food aversions: Nothing. So far, I just seem to go between eating normally and wanting to eat the world.

Gender: Still have another 12 weeks or so until we find out.

Symptoms: Nothing really. Although, yesterday I inadvertently skipped lunch, so by the time dinner came, I hadn't eaten anything in about 10 hours. I felt very queasy and thought eating would make me feel better, but it didn't. I was slightly nauseated for the rest of the night until I went to bed. My extreme fatigue has gone away and I'm otherwise feeling normal.

What do I miss: I am still avoiding friends in situations where there might be alcohol because I'm still not ready with a good story about why I'm not having wine right now, during a time when we have no responsibilities.

Best moment this week: Hands down, it was seeing our little one at the ultrasound. And seeing the heartbeat. It was beautiful and makes me want to cry just thinking about it now.

What I am looking forward to: I'm really looking forward to our next ultrasound . . . but that won't be for another few weeks. 

Milestones: Baby is growing his/her eyes, chin, cheeks, ears, and nose this week. I can't help but wonder which features our baby will get. Spyro and I decided that we hope the baby gets my chin, a combo of our noses, and a combo of our eyes (my shape and his color). In reality, if we have a baby girl, I think Spyro would be beside himself with happiness if she looked just like me . . . in fact, he's told me as much.

2 comments:

  1. Finally catching up on my blog reading and I find this wonderful news?!! Congratulations! Praying that all goes well...I know this Sunday will have an extra special meaning for you this year :)

    ReplyDelete