Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Wait

The past five days or so have been a complete whirlwind of activity. First, I have to say that it's so frustrating to plan my life around ovulation. I intended to take a short day trip with some friends from my internship last summer and then realized that the trip would probably fall on or around ovulation. This led to some manipulation of my schedule so we could get in the requisite sexy time just in case.

So, the fun stuff:

On Thursday, I went to Connecticut with my friend/schoolmate Jeremy. We met up with our friend Jeff and his boyfriend Patrick to play trivia at a Yale bar. Second place? Not too shabby!

The meeting of the really, really, ridiculously good looking club--law school edition

Jeremy and I then continued on to Stamford to spend the night. We were waking up early the next morning to witness one of the most magical spectacles on television.

The Maury Show!

Because we are still in the closet to most of our friends about TTC, I tried to surreptitiously pee in a cup to do my testing. However, I totally botched temping and peeing because, ashamedly, I normally wake up much later than I did that day and so none of the temps worked and my monitor wasn't in the window where it would accept by daily pee stick.

BUT, I had better things to look forward to. We got to the show line at 8am on Friday morning and waited until around 10:30am before we were seated and the taping began. A lot of waiting around, but it was worth it. We taped segments from three different shows: a Cheaters segment (complete with Joey Greco, whom I adore), a lie detector episode, and a paternity episode. As I told my husband, it was a trifecta of entertainment.

I was NOT the father!
After stopping for breakfast/lunch and a full debrief of the delightfulness of our trip, Jeremy and I headed back to Cambridge. I was back for maybe 2 hours before Spyro came home and we headed back out--this time, to Syracuse to visit my sister and her family. My first born nephew's birthday was this past week, so we were going to celebrate his birthday and Easter (although not our Easter since Orthodox Christians celebrate a different day. So I get two Easters! Excuse to eat more Easter candy?). Five hours later, we were in Syracuse and I got to see my sister and her fiancĂ© for a little bit before we headed for the hotel. 

On Saturday, we spent a whole day with my family. We dyed Easter eggs which was fun when having to watch the quick little hands of my two year old niece. My husband made dinner for everyone and I was reminded again how lucky I am to have such a great partner and such a considerate person in my life. It also melted my heart for the millionth time when I watched him with my niece and how great he is with her. She adores her Uncle 'Ro. I don't know what I'm going to do when we have a baby and I see what a great daddy he is. I think I'll spend all my time just in a puddle of melty Trishaness.

This is an older pic, but they're still so cute together!

On Easter, I met my sister's fiancé's family and we had a cookout. Of course, there were a TON of kids running around. His sisters commented several times that we were great with the kids and that we were obviously ready for kids and oh, by the way, do we want kids? The whole time I just gritted my teeth and smiled and said that we'd like to have kids "someday." I didn't elaborate that we'd hoped that "someday" would have been oh, two years ago.

In terms of TTC this weekend, it was just a hot mess. Besides the Friday morning disaster of temping and peeing, I'm pretty sure I missed my positive OPK on Friday afternoon because I was on the road and using a random bathroom. Spyro and I had to try to sneak in as much BDing as possible, which was hard after having such an exhausting few days. I *think* I felt myself ovulate on Sunday morning around 2am because I had terrible AF-like cramping that went away by the morning--and a corresponding thermal shift upward when I tested at 8:30am. This type of exaggerated O pain is similar to what I felt the first month I was on Clomid, so I hope that means I got a nice, big egg!

Now we're back in the 2ww and in addition to just really wanting a kid, I'm hoping this is our cycle because I don't want to have to do injects. The thought of getting shots freaks me the heck out! Yet, because of all the craziness around my O time, I can't help but not feel optimistic. On the other hand, maybe not being hopeful is good because I'm usually hopeful and then crushed? <-----this whole paragraph is a perfect example of how TTC drives you insane!


No comments:

Post a Comment