How big is Baby: The size of an appleseed
Movement: Not for a while.
Food cravings: It changes all the time. On Friday, I wanted a piece of pizza from Pizzeria Regina (but only the one in the North End), a huge caesar salad, Chicken McNuggets, and a crispy fair/amusement park corn dog. Just depended on the time of day when I was asked.
Food aversions: Nothing. So far, I just seem to go between eating normally and wanting to eat the world.
Gender: Still have another 13 weeks or so until we find out.
Symptoms: TERRIBLE break outs, very fatigued, and cramping. No one tells you how you will have intermittent cramping that feels like menstrual cramps, so it will freak you out. At least, it's been freaking me out!
What do I miss: Nothing yet. I'm loving every minute of thinking about becoming a mommy.
Best moment this week: The other night, Spyro and I were making the bed. We were going to lay down in bed and look at baby stuff (nothing to buy yet, but just to get an idea of what's out there and what we would get down the line). He looked at me and said "I'm so happy. I have everything I want in life. My wife is pregnant, I have a snack, and 'Due Date' [the movie with Zack Galifiniakis and Robert Downey Jr.] is on." That, in tandem with us laying in bed on Friday and Spyro just tearing up and putting his head down onto my stomach and giving the baby kisses. He's so smitten already and so happy and it warms my heart thinking of what a great daddy he will be.
What I am looking forward to: Our first ultrasound next Friday!! I'll be 5w6d, so maybe too early to see the baby, but I am crossing my fingers that maybe baby is ahead of the curve in that respect.
Milestones: Baby is officially an embryo. And apparently now measurable, even though tiny!
Okay - I'm going to say this only because I know how much fertility stuff can mess with your head. If you don't see anything at your appointment, it's okay. I know, you know. But say it anyway. Now say it again. Good. Now one more time. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI am one day ahead of you in all of this! My ultrasound is one day before yours (but also at 5w6d). And I too wish someone had told me about the cramping. It seems better the last two days (of course now I'm worried about the fact that the cramping went away) but I'm trying my best to enjoy each and every day. Worrying isn't going to change anything.
ReplyDelete