Monday, April 23, 2012

Beta 2 Is In! - 4w2d

I went for my second beta draw today.

176!!!


This means that my doubling time is about 36.9 hours. I am over the moon with excitement and relief. In fact, as soon as I hung up with my RE's nurse, I burst into tears with happiness. The nurse told me that my beta doubling time is a bit higher than they usually like (WTF?! According to Dr. Google, it's perfectly normal!), so I'll be going back on Wednesday for a repeat draw. Assuming everything is going well, I'll go in either late next week or early the following week for my first ultrasound and to hopefully see our little one's heartbeat!

Beyond that, they also tested my TSH, which is still higher than they'd like. My dose of Synthroid is being moved up from 25 mcg to 75 mcg. Not a huge deal to me, especially when compared to talking about my baby! Hopefully getting my thyroid regulated helps me to perk up my energy a little bit and be the best prenatal mama.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! I can't wait to see those numbers grow!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find Dr. Google's doubling times to be quite reassuring. Mine was 58 hours and my RE said "that's a bit slow." BS. Dr. Google says 72 hours, I'm going with 72 hours. Trust Dr. Google. Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my UCLA friends just announced her pregnancy - sounds like a lot of little Bruins are on their way!!!!

    ReplyDelete