Monday, March 5, 2012

Eggsplain Yo'self!

So, our first Clomid cycle was a failure.  The only positive point I could find was that I went from not ovulating to ovulating.  OK, that's actually a huge positive point.  I should be happy.  But I was upset that our cycle didn't work.  It's really hard when someone is an overachiever in every other part of life except the point where it comes time to make babies.  The doctor kept me on 50 mg of Clomid since I responded the first time.  His idea was that I should take the least amount of medication possible and I suppose that's about right.

After our first failed Clomid cycle, I assumed that I would just keep doing the same thing I did during the previous cycle and everything would repeat--of course, with the hope that we'd catch the egg this time!  Everything was fine for me until CD 15 hit and my OPK showed stark white negative, I started to internally freak out.  Between CD 15-18, I was increasingly worried.  In retrospect, it's only a span of 5 days, but it felt like much longer!  I thought that my doctor messed up in repeating the 50 mg dosage of Clomid.  I started worrying that all my positive thinking, my giving up caffeine/soda for Lent, my taking vitamins and drinking more water was all for nothing.

You see where this is going, right?  After all my freaking out and pouting and crying, I finally got a positive OPK this morning.  Should ovulate today or tomorrow and then the 2WW awaits.  Hoping that March is our month and we are blessed with a little shamrock.  What a beautiful birthday present that would be for me!

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for you- 4 leaf clovers are supposed to be lucky.

    ReplyDelete