Sunday, July 1, 2012

14 Weeks


How Big is Baby?: The size of a lemon




Total weight gain/loss: Still holding strong at 0. I think. I haven't weighed myself in the last few days, but I'd like to hope I'm at 0 still! 

Next Appointment: July 16--just before I leave for California.

Maternity clothes? Nope. I did notice yesterday that my bigger jeans are kind of uncomfortably pressing on my gut by this point (at least when I first put them on), so I may be graduating to a bella band in the next few weeks here.

Stretch marks: None from this baby, at least!

Sleep: Just when I thought I wasn't sleeping as much anymore . . . I slept 12 hours last night. The sad part is that laying on my stomach is no longer comfortable. I think that flipping from side to side is making my sleeps that much less fulfilling, which is making me tired again.

Best moment this week: Announcing the pregnancy on Facebook and seeing how excited our friends are for us. 

Movement: Not yet. Hopefully soon!

Food cravings: Food is now a problem. I'm to the point where I am ravenously hungry, but can't eat much without getting full. My digestive system is in full slow down mode, which also makes the bloat even more uncomfortable. So, cravings have really gone away. It's more about me just trying to get in regular nutrients.

Food aversions: Not really much anymore. 

Gender: We will find out on July 30!!! So excited!

Belly Button in or out: In. 

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.

What I am looking forward to: Getting to hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler at our next appointment.

Contractions: No! Very unwanted until full term :)

Milestones: Our little gummy bear (or Baby Baklava, as my sister has nicknamed him/her) is growing lanugo, a fine coating of hair all over his/her body that will help keep the baby warm. Since the baby is half-Greek, that feeling of all over hair is probably very normal :)

2 comments:

  1. I lived in my bella band for the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Baklava sounds too cute!! 14 weeks is a big milestone. Whats your inkling about the results on the July 30 appt? pink/blue?

    ReplyDelete