Monday, July 9, 2012

15 Weeks


Not a ton to report on on my end. I am still hard at work studying for the bar exam, so don't have much time to post a lot of baby-related things. I'm guessing that will change in the time I have between finishing the exam and starting work, especially since we'll be finding out the sex of Baby Baklava at the end of this month!

How Big is Baby?: The size of a naval orange



Total weight gain/loss: After not weighing myself for a while, I bit the bullet and did so last week. As of even yesterday, I am actually down 3-4 lbs. Given my seemingly awful eating habits + having no morning sickness, I consider that a victory. Just as long as Baby Baklava is growing normally, I'm OK with that. Who knew that being pregnant was the best diet ever?

Next Appointment: July 16. Just one more week until I get to take another peek at this little one.

Maternity clothes? Nope. Though to be fair, I haven't been getting dressed in nice clothes everyday. I laze around the house studying, so nightgowns and sweat pants and stuff like that aren't exactly binding.

Stretch marks: None from this baby, at least!

Sleep: The one thing that bugs me about sleeping now is that I'm constantly tossing and turning from left to right side. I can't get comfortable and just stay in one spot. But I'm sleeping a lot less than I did before. If I take a nap, it's because I got maybe 6 hours of sleep the night before, so my body is just requiring more. But it's not like I am sleeping 12 hours a day anymore like I used to.

Best moment this week: I didn't really have anything baby-related this past week. I will say that seeing I haven't gained any weight felt pretty great! I also love looking at my belly because it's filling out and getting rounder, and thankfully there's a baby in there and not a food baby (which would be why it would get round before).

Movement: Not yet, I don't think. I feel things occasionally, but I'm not ready to chalk it up to fetal movement when it could be my tummy rumbling (or other gastrointestinal rumbling), gas, or just wishful thinking.

Food cravings: Not really craving anything. I'm not necessarily wanting sweets or anything like that. More than anything, I like to have meals, not snacks. I am also eating more fruit, though it's not really a craving so much as me trying to eat healthy things for the baby.

Food aversions: Not really.

Gender: We will find out on July 30!!! So excited!

Belly Button in or out: In. 

What I miss: When I used to be able to wake up without a headache. Now it seems I do so about half the time. No one told me that pregnancy = routine headaches!

What I am looking forward to: Getting to hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler at our next appointment. Finding out the baby's sex at the end of the month.

Contractions: No! Very unwanted until full term :)

Milestones: Baby Baklava is starting to look more human! Ears are on the side of the head and eyes are moving to the front of the face. Maybe this means daddy won't be so freaked out if we see 3D pictures of you, little one!

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy = increased metabolism. I ended up losing me weight and only gaining baby weight which was gone by the first week after he was born. Fingers crossed you're the same way.

    ReplyDelete