Still hard at work studying for the bar exam, so I still don't have much time to post a lot of baby-related things. This is still kind of a slow time for us. My 16 week appointment is on Monday, but then I'll be off to do the bar exam, then back to do the anatomy scan!
How Big is Baby?: The size of an avocado. Which is hard to think about because avocados are DELICIOUS! And it seems a bit cannibalistic to think that way.
Total weight gain/loss: Still down 2 lbs. Still very happy about it, provided that Baby Baklava is growing normally. I'll ask my OB on Monday, but as of right now, I'm not terribly concerned.
Next Appointment: July 16. Monday! I'll be 16w3d and excited to see how baby has grown (if, in fact, they do an ultrasound).
Maternity clothes? Nope. God bless the inventors of the maxi dress.
Sleep: Less tossing and turning than before, but still sleeping a TON! I can get a full night's sleep and still take a two hour nap every day pretty easily.
Movement: Sometimes I feel something that is similar to what other women describe as the first baby movements, but I'm still hesitant to call them the actual movements because I don't want to psych myself out. But I'm usually laying still in bed (studying) and will feel them. That's usually the time to feel them, too. But again, don't want to get myself overly excited. I still worry that BB won't be OK, so I guess this is my way of protecting myself?
Food cravings: Nah. In fact, I've probably moved towards more of a total food aversion. I do get hungry, but I get full very quickly. It just makes me sick of eating when I only have such a very small amount (like, maybe half a sandwich and that's it).
Food aversions: See above.
Gender: We will find out on July 30!!! So excited!
Belly Button in or out: In.
What I miss: Being able to plan a full day without planning around a nap.
What I am looking forward to: Getting to hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler at our next appointment. Finding out the baby's sex at the end of the month.
Milestones: Baby Baklava is growing hair, which will undoubtedly end up curly, just like mommy and daddy's hair. And BB can now hear, which means he or she will be able to recognize my voice. Now when I sing to my belly, it's not just for my own silly sake, but our little sweet pea will recognize me when she or he is born.
I can't believe it's almost Bar-time!
ReplyDeleteJust checking...how did your exam go? and did you find out at your anatomy scan?? :))
ReplyDelete