Monday, February 6, 2012

Leggo My Eggo

Today is CD 22, so I took a quick trip to the doctor's office for a blood draw.  I even made sure to wait until 7 days past ovulation (or at least ovulation as detected by my OPKs and Fertility Friend) to go.  Of course my doctor forgot to put in the order, but luckily that was cleared up fairly quickly.  The blood draw is to test for my progesterone levels--although my doctor was not clear about what number I needed to see to ensure my progesterone levels are high enough, I am hoping he'll actually not be a flake and follow through.  I guess this is the downside for not using a RE and just going through an OB/GYN for now.  From scouring FF, I think that the number should be 15+ to mean ovulation, but like I said, it's a mystery.

Although I try to donate blood semi-regularly (at least I did when I was in California), I usually seem have the hardest veins to find.  Usually they poke and dig the needle around which makes me bat shit crazy.  Occasionally they will try both arms, which leaves me with colored tape wrapped around both elbows, looking like a missing member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Sing praises that the woman who did my draw today was a miracle worker.  She got me on the first stick and I was out of the chair within a minute.  It was even better when another woman came into the room to get her baby son's blood drawn and he was a cute little rosy-cheeked sweetheart.  It just reminded me why I'm going through the cramps and the hormone roller coaster and the no drinking and everything else.

Most importantly, I hope that the blood draw reveals that I actually *did* ovulate this month.  That would be an important milestone and half the battle in my uterus!

No comments:

Post a Comment