Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week 33

Ugh, what is it about my life that I can't get myself together to post *one* blog post a week? Maybe it's work? Or, you know, coming up on the end of exhausting pregnancy!


In my last post, I talked about our failed elective ultrasound. The tech had us come back two weeks later and she was still being a pain in the butt, but this guy knew how to handle a difficult baby girl.

Meet Baby Baklava (at least, how she looked 3 weeks ago):

Forewarning: sorry for the weird me-shaped shadows at the bottom. We got these big 8x10s and I don't have a scanner, so the easiest way for me to share is to take a picture of the picture.



Look at this angel face! Those lips! I might be biased in saying she looks like a mini me, but I think she does.


Just hanging out in the ute, cuddling the umbilical cord and showing off her delicious little cheeks.


This picture was one of my favorites. Usually, Baby Baklava has an arm or hand over her face. The tech would have me flip from side-to-side, which was typically enough to get her to move her hand, at least for a bit--and then he'd get about 30 seconds to one minute of clear face for pictures. Towards the end, she caught on to us, and this is what we got in response. She put BOTH feet up, in addition to the arm all the way across her face. Our little monkey is a flexible little girl and a funny girl too, because she had all of us cracking up.


How Big is Baby?: The size of a durien, which is kind of sad to think about because durien are so stinky and gross, but my baby girl will never be stinky and gross! And yes, I am blocking out the thought of blowout diapers, meconium diapers, etc.






Total weight gain/loss: -5 from the start of pregnancy. This actually represents some weight gain! I had gotten down to -7 or so, then over the past two weeks, gained back 2 lbs. I'd like to think it's just Baby Baklava packing on those pounds so I'll have a delightfully chubby baby girl.

Next Appointment: November 15. I will be almost 34 weeks. I'm now at the stage where I'm going every two weeks! Since I got an A+ on my GD test* (*graded according to me), I only have regular appointments and no extra interventions.

Maternity clothes? Kind of. My normal work dresses have been forgiving enough for me to just grow into with pregnancy. So, I have a couple of maternity work dresses, but the majority of my work clothes are regular ones. Pants are drama. I have one pair of work pants that are oddly high-waisted, so they fit over my bump and are relatively comfortable. Otherwise, only yoga pants or jeggings (non-maternity). Since I'm so close to the end, I don't want to buy maternity pants, but I may have to suck it up and buy maybe one or two pairs because I can't get away with maxi dresses during the late fall and early winter!

Sleep: Sleep is getting better. I still have to wake up constantly just to flip from side-to-side, but I'm getting better at doing it without waking up too much or for too long.

Movement: My favorite part about pregnancy. She's always moving around, rolling around, and occasionally pulling some weird stretching move that feels like she's trying to bust out of my stomach around my belly button area.

Food cravings: I still want burritos almost all the time. And I normally don't eat flour tortillas, but I *have* to have a burrito. It can't be a taco, even if the only difference is the shell. With the cooler weather, I've been wanting hearty, homemade soups too. This weekend I'm going to make chili and baked potato soup, two things I've been wanting for weeks.

Food aversions: Nothing. Baby girl is HUNGRY.

Gender: A beautiful little girl.

Belly Button in or out: Still in, thankfully!

What I miss: Being able to sleep like a log, cocktails/happy hour. 

What I am looking forward to: The ultrasound we're having on Thursday to check her growth. Can't wait to find out if she's a little chunkster!

Milestones: Baby Baklava is now keeping her eyes open when she's awake. We are so excited to know if she will have brown eyes like her mama and mama's mama, hazel green eyes like daddy, or blue eyes like yiayia. She's also starting to coordinate her breathing with sucking or swallowing, which means that she will hopefully breastfeed like a champ and if not a chunkster now, might become a chunkster in the future. 

If you've made it through all this, here are some pictures of me over the last four weeks of pregnancy. 


Week 30 (L) and Week 31 (R)


Week 32 (L) and Week 33 (R)


2 comments:

  1. She does look just like you! I'm glad you said it first so S doesn't get mad that I think so.

    ReplyDelete