We had our elective ultrasound on Saturday and that was the biggest bust in the history of the world. I swear, I know she's my daughter not because I'm pregnant with her, but because she is a difficult little girl already! I drank OJ which is usually her favorite, and then went for the ultrasound. In typical Baby Baklava fashion, she was facing the wrong way and still in the transverse/oblique position she had been in at the doctor's office on Thursday. It was basically impossible to see her face and she wasn't moving out of that position. They had me leave to eat breakfast, and I walked around a bit to see if that would get her to turn. Went back. She was then facing in a better position, but all mashed into my uterus, so the pictures looked sort of distorted. No good pictures came of it, although we got a decent look at her in live action. Trust me when I tell you that she is beautiful. I cried looking at that precious little face because I can't wait until the day that I get to hold her and show her to the world.
That said, thank goodness I anticipated having a baby diva in there because my package allows me to come back at no charge for a repeat ultrasound. I'll be going back in 2 weeks and hopefully then she'll be in a better position and in a better mood.
How Big is Baby?:
The size of an eggplant, or as she will learn one day in Greek school, melitzana.
Total weight gain/loss: -2 or -3 from the start of pregnancy. Of course, I already have extra fluff to spare, so this is all fine with me! And, fine with the OB and my normally growing baby.
Next Appointment: Not until November 1. At that point, I'll be almost 32 weeks. After that appointment, I go back every 2 weeks! It's all going to fly by!
Maternity clothes? Not
quite yet. At this point, I'm almost glad that I wore body conscious clothing before because there's plenty of room for my tummy. Some of my dresses are getting a bit short in the front due to the extra space taken up, but nothing too indecent! But still saying no to pants because of the rubber band needs.
Sleep: Sleep is great if/when I can stay on one hip. If I have to roll over, it's Game Over. I basically have to wake up in order to flip. I was trying to figure out why my first instinct was to roll with my belly toward the mattress (which then required me to get on all fours) instead of belly over the top...until last night when I realized that I don't have enough momentum to physically push myself over when I try to move from hip to hip with my belly up!
Movement: All the time. After I drink orange juice/eat fruit, after I eat a meal, if I sit forward too much, or if the music is turned up. She goes nuts then. Otherwise she'll just give me the occasional kick (or flurry of kicks).
Food cravings: Back to eating a reasonable amount/not eating the world. Thank goodness. My cravings are influenced by things people talk about. I go from wanting a twice baked potato to New York-style pizza to donuts to a breakfast burrito in the snap of a finger. In fact, I think I had all those cravings in one 20 minute period a couple of days ago.
Food aversions: Nothing. Baby girl is HUNGRY.
Gender: A beautiful little girl.
Belly Button in or out: Still in, thankfully!
What I miss: Being able to sleep like a log.
What I am looking forward to:Finishing her nursery! We still have so much work to do and sometimes I feel like we'll never finish it before she gets here.
Milestones: Baby
Baklava's lungs are almost all the way mature. She is starting to put on some baby fat so instead of looking like a wrinkly alien, she will look like a baby.
Baby Baklava was obviously going to be a diva, she's just looking for some extra camera time.
ReplyDelete