Monday, December 24, 2012

39 Weeks!! Still Pregnant.



The time to meet our little girl is almost here!  Not only did I finish my 39th week of pregnancy, but I also finished my last week of work in the office.  I plan on working from home to the extent possible until I go into labor, but no more trips into the office, no more work clothes, etc.  Hellooooo yoga pants and laptops in bed!



Excuse the odd lumpiness in the front.  These were non-maternity pants.  I made it!!




How Big is Baby?: She's the size of a watermelon . . . and incidentally, that's not what a pregnant woman wants to think about while on the verge of giving birth!








Total weight gain/loss: Unknown, since I haven't weighed myself since the last week's post!  I'm assuming I haven't gained anything, but who knows if that's a safe assumption.

Next Appointment: Monday, December 24.  My OB plans on doing an internal exam, so Merry Christmas to me, I guess!  Having your cervix poked at is really the gift that keeps on giving.

Maternity clothes? Nope.  I WIN!!!  I'm done with having to really be dressed for any events and finished out without a maternity wardrobe!

Sleep: So patchy.  Some days I sleep through the night without so much as rolling over.  Some days I am up a couple of times.  Some days I sleep for a full night PLUS take a long nap.  Other nights, I have insomnia.  I can't wait until I'm actually being woken up by a gorgeous baby and not just being uncomfortable.

Movement: Always.  She is my little wiggle worm.

Food cravings: Spicy food.  But for selfish reasons (the OWT about spicy food inducing labor), not so much because I like spicy food.

Food aversions: None.

Gender: A beautiful little girl.

Belly Button in or out: In.  Pregnancy win #2.

What I miss:  Still miss getting a full night's sleep and being able to roll over on my own.

What I am looking forward to:  Meeting my angel-faced baby girl.

Contractions: Ugh.  They come semi regularly, but who knows if they have changed my cervix at all.  I'll find out tomorrow!

Milestones: Baby Bak is able to flex her limbs now.  She's almost ready to sell tickets to the baby gun show.  Her brain is still developing and she's getting smarter every day.  Since I'm positive she's already brilliant, I'm scared about just how smart this little one will be.

1 comment:

  1. I ate a ton of spicy foods for selfish reasons too (and walked and ton, and don't even get me started on sex) and my little guy didn't budge an inch towards exit. Although I also didn't have semi-regular contractions! I'm sure you'll be seeing your girl soon!

    ReplyDelete